/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;}
propeller not coming out:
- 5 – 10% extra oil pressure to be applied,
- Isolate boss & apply dry ice to
shaft, if not
- Heat the boss uniformly with low flame
torch at not more them 200OC, if not
- Ask recommendation from manufacturer.
during propeller fixing:
- Ensure Main engine is not turning (hang
- Test report of seal assembly to be
- Report of tail shaft polishing and
magnetic crack detection
- Detail report if propeller repaired.
- Report of propeller polishing and crack
- Visual inspection of threaded part of the
shaft and boss.
- Cleanliness of shaft cone and re – roughen of the
surface to be checked.
- When fixing to ensure that makers
instruction to be followed.
- Radial reference mark on both propeller
& shaft to coincide.
- Final push up pressure according to the temp of the boss, if
boss TP↓ move oil pr.
- Loading ring should not come out more
then 1/3 of the ring width.
- Distance travel by the boss.
bolt to be wire lashed and cemented
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2lb5cDJ